Mr. C. Narayanaswamy is a former Member of Parliament from Bangalore North Lok Sabha constituency. He has vast administrative experience ranging from Taluk, District and State to National levels. Mr. C.Narayanaswamy is regarded as a principled and honest leader who works for the causes of Secularism, Social Justice and Decentralization of Power.
Mr. C.Narayanaswamy has a wide range of administrative experience starting from Panchayat / Taluk Level to National Level. Following are some of the key positions he has held:
- Member of Eleventh LokSabha from Bangalore North Constituency (won by a margin of 1.3 lakh votes)
- President, Bangalore Rural ZillaParishad
- Working President, Karnataka Panchayati Parishad (Present)
- Chairman, Karnataka Food & Civil Supplies Corporation
- President, Primary Land Development Bank DevanahalliTaluk
- Vice President,Taluk Development Board
As a Member of Parliament, Mr. C.Narayanaswamy represented India and made a presentation in the General Assembly of United Nations at New York. He served as the Convenor of Parliamentarians Forum for Development of Co-Operative Movement in India and Member of Central Silk Board. He was also an Indian Delegate to the International Parliamentary Union Conference.
As the President of Bangalore ZillaParishad, Mr. C.Narayanaswamy played a key role in organizing Southern Regional Conference of Panchayati Raj representatives in Bangalore. The event was addressed by none other than late Shri Rajiv Gandhi Ji as Prime Minister of India.
As a member of Indian delegation to Pakistan, Mr. C.Narayanaswamy interacted with Govt and local Govt functionaries on various administrative reforms and decentralization issues.
Actively involved in the organization of many state, regional and national level programs relating to RDPR activities through Rajiv Gandhi Foundation, GOI and Karnataka Panchat Parishad with the active involvement and guidance of PR notary Shri Manishankar Aiyerji, MP and Former Union Minster and Others.
Participated in numerous discussions and debates in major national and regional TV Channels (e.g., NDTV, Sun Network, Doordarshan, TimesNow), AIR, VOA, etc.
Involvement in Panchayati Raj, Rural Development and Co-operative Movement
Mr. C.Narayanaswamy has keen interest and involvement in Panchayati Raj, Rural Development and Co-operative initiatives. As a resource person, Mr. C. Narayanaswamy is fortunate to have discussed Panchayati Raj and Rural Development matters with late Shri Rajiv Gandhi ji. Following are some of the positions he has held:
- Member, Taskforce on Panchayati Raj in Rajiv Gandhi Foundation for many years
- Member, Central Advisory Committee in the Ministry of Panchayiti Raj in UPA (I) Government
- President, Silk Association of India (Present)
- Member, Governing Council of Institute of Social Sciences, New Delhi
- Director, Karnataka State Co-opearative Agriculture and Rural Development Bank
Key rewards and recognitions
- Mr. C. Narayanaswamy has received many awards and citations at the State and National levels for excellence in implementation of various programs as elected functionary in RDPR institutions.
- “Outstanding Young Person of the State” award from Karnataka Jaycees.
- “The Best Managed Bank” award from the Chief Minister of the State as president of Taluk Land Bank (Rural Co-Operative Bank).
- “Sahakar Ratna” award by Karnataka State for accomplishments in Co-operative sector.
- Prestigious “Kannada Sahitya Sammelan” award for service to State.
- Recognized sportsman and weightlifting champion of Karnataka. Captained national-level weightlifting competitions.
- Published articles in major national/ regional newspapers and magazines about Panchayati Raj, Rural Development and Decentralization of Power.
- Conducted training programs for elected Panchayat representatives (Grama Panchayat, Taluk Panchayat and Zilla Panchayat) on efficient administration and empowerment
- As a resource person, provided trainings to IAS officers and bureaucrats on decentralization of power and rural development at LBSAA Massoorie, NIRD Hyderabad, ANSSIRD Mysore, etc.
Mr. C.Narayanaswamy was born in 1948 in Channahalli village in Bangalore Rural District. His father late Sri Shankarappa and mother late Smt Pillamma were known in the region as model agriculturists and they supported Mr. C. Narayanaswamy to obtain good education and inculcate moral values. Wife Geetha is a graduate in Arts and takes care of family agriculture. Elder son Ravindra obtained his MBA from the USA and returned to India about 5 years ago. He works for an IT company while being passionately involved in several rural education and empowerment initiatives. Younger son Venugopal is an engineer and works for an automobile company in Chennai.
B.A., (St. Joseph’s College, Bangalore), LL.B. (University Law College, Bangalore)